How Upp Technologies Limited (“We”, “our”, “Upp”) use your information
- We will collect and process data about our customers, their authorised users and visitors to our website for legal, regulatory, services fulfilment and development, systems analysis, administrative, contractual and legal compliance and governance and management purposes and to enable us to meet our legal and contractual obligations.
- We may process personal data including, as appropriate:(i) for the purposes of developing our services, responding to enquiries, dealing with any service level issues, fault reporting, services provision, website development and website usage data and contract administration, invoicing, billing issues and legal claims.,
(ii) in order to comply with legal requirements and obligations to third parties including with contracts including any account usage data which by sending it to us you represent you have the full authority and rights to do..
- More detailed information about the data We process and the purposes We use it for are set out in paragraphs 2 and 3 below and we reserve the right to update this policy from time to time and the latest version of it will be available on our website from time to time.
- If you do not provide this data, We may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations including the provision of services and in such circumstances we shall not be deemed in breach of any agreement as a consequence of that.
What data do We collect and process?
- the visitor or customer’s authorised users’ name, company name, business address, contact telephone number(s), email address and (if applicable) billing address and other information concerning any device used by you when accessing our website and the identity of that device. When a visitor contacts us and/or requests information about Upp, we will collect the visitor’s email address and other contact and relevant information so that we may fulfil the visitor’s request. Some information provided to us may, either alone or when connected with other information to which we may have access, individually identify or otherwise comprise of personal data of that visitor, customer or authorised user.
For what purposes do We collect and use this data?
- Administering our systems and website;
- Providing our services;
- Operating and keep a records for billing and service level performance;
- informing our customers;
- Dealing with enquiries and faults and complying with the law and our contracts and obligations;
How long We will keep this information
- We will hold your personal data for the longer of 7 years and if you (or any customer with whom you are an authorised user) have a contract with us for the duration of that contract and for up to 7 years following the end of that contract for regulatory purposes and to defend or pursue any legal claims and for our legitimate business.
Our approach to information security
- To protect your information, We have policies, standards and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place. To accomplish this, our employees, contractors and sub-contractors have roles and responsibilities defined in those policies and procedures.
- In addition to these operational measures We also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies.
- To make sure that these measures are suitable, We perform audits to identify the areas of weaknesses and non-compliance. Additionally, all areas of the organisation are constantly monitored and measured to identify problems and issues before they arise.
- When exercising any of the rights listed below, in order to process your request, We may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary before you can exercise these rights.
- The right to access information We hold on you
- At any point, you can contact us to request the information We hold on you as well as why We have that information, who has access to the information and where We obtained the information from. Once We have received your request We will respond within 30 days.
- There are no fees or charges for the first request but additional requests for the same data may be subject to an administrative fee.
- The right to correct and update the information We hold on you
- If the data We hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you have to inform us and your data be will be updated.
- The right to have your information erased
- If you feel that We should no longer be using your data or that We are illegally using your data, you can request the erasure of the data We hold from you.
- When We receive your request We will confirm whether the data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because We need it for our legitimate business or regulatory purpose(s)).
- The right to object to processing of your data
- You have the right to request that We stop processing your data. Upon receiving the request, We will contact you and let you know if We are able to comply or if We have legitimate grounds to continue to process your data. Even after you exercise your right to object, We may continue to hold your data to comply with our other rights or to bring or defend legal claims.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that We transfer your data to another controller. We will comply with your request, where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request.
- We do not rely on consent for processing your personal data where we otherwise have the legitimate basis to do so.
Sharing your information
Where necessary to fulfil our obligations to you or to fulfil our obligations to our customers, and to administer the services, understand your use of our website or services and any billing and collections We may pass your details to third parties and anyone else that we are legally obliged to share that personal data with. These third parties include our customers, our sub-processors, other contractors and support services providers which support our services provision or otherwise provide our hosting facilities and our professional advisers and credit reference and debt collection agencies.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/ for detailed guidance. The list below describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
First Party Cookies: These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
WordPress: Our websites runs on the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in if you are a registered user and we deem it to be necessary to the working of the website. If the session cookie is disabled then various areas of the site will break.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Third Party Cookies: These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allowing visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the Internet, including on this website.
You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information about cookies stored on any of our websites.
If you have any queries about this notice, need further information or wish to lodge a complaint you can use the details below to contact the relevant party. In the event that Upp has been unable to resolve your concerns you can raise the matter with the ICO directly.
Data Protection Officer: Andrew Burtenshaw
Phone: +44 (0)20 3 983 3355
Data Controller: Upp Technologies Limited